Finally got to put it to the test

The Benjamin Rouge in .357 caliber by Crosman is the first big-bore airgun to have an electronic valve to ensure both shot-to-shot consistency, and maximum shots per fill. This forum is a place to talk about the new rifle.

Finally got to put it to the test

Postby Walx » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:08 am

Well the deer have started moving again. Able to take 2 deer with the Rouge. Man what power. First one was a small doe shot at 70 yards. Bullet passed through and she ran about 50 yards with a good blood trail. 2nd one was a 6 point that normally I would have passed on if I had anything but the Rouge but I had a camera mounted to the scope an wanted to get video. I will post the link to it in the hunting section. The bullet on that one entered the shoulder and stopped under the skin between the 2nd and 3rd rib from the back. A slightly quartering shot. This was at 55 yards. Recovered the 178 hollow point only to find it started to cave in on itself instead of expanding. I will post pictures of it when I get back to the truck (in the stand right now).
Walx

Re: Finally got to put it to the test

Postby Walx » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Just made sure the gun was set for the 140gr hollow point so maybe be able to try it out before a go back to work.
Walx

Postby NeuRon » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Not a lot of spread, but with a hunk of pipe like that, I don't think it's needed. Just tumbling is going to mix things up pretty good. :shock:

:lol: And I love the sound of the shot (camera mount, probably). Makes me picture that big slug taking a very cartoonish spring from a diving board before dropping down onto the deer like a mortar. :D
Prod (tuned by Paul B., LW barrel, RB grips, ACE Folding stock, camo, TKO & JG brakes)
Sold: .22 Mrod "The Toad" (tuned by Paul B., 18" LW barrel, Toad-A-Flage camo)
Sold: .25 TT Mrod w/ reservoir and shroud extensions

NeuRon

Postby Walx » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:31 am

Yes it is a scope mounted camera. It's a hat cam from basspro modified with the scope attachment from a predator light. Down side it not great video if you zoom in and you can't see what you are recording only having to trust that you have it set up right. As you can tell it needed to be adjusted down a little and don't forget to stay on the animal after the shot.

Walx

Return to Benjamin Rouge .357 by Crosman