So, has anyone else gotten a Rogue lately?

The Benjamin Rouge in .357 caliber by Crosman is the first big-bore airgun to have an electronic valve to ensure both shot-to-shot consistency, and maximum shots per fill. This forum is a place to talk about the new rifle.

So, has anyone else gotten a Rogue lately?

Postby AirRifleHunter » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:17 pm

I haven't seen a post in the section in quite a while and I was wondering if anyone here has recently gotten or is thinking of getting a Benjamin Rogue?

I've been patiently waiting to see new posts and hear any updated information on these air rifles since the initial reviews that people were posting were that they had immediate problems with leaks; the electronics were not working properly; there were problems with pressure registering properly; issues with the magazines/clips in reference to the size of the pellets/sabot not fitting snug and therefore not aligning with the bolt probe and barrel breech properly, etc.

So, anybody? :)
AirRifleHunter

Re: So, has anyone else gotten a Rogue lately?

Postby Roger » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Not a good choice.

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Postby AirRifleHunter » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Roger wrote:Not a good choice.

shoot straight
Roger

Why is that? Are they basically going to have to take them back to the design level to fix all the issues that that have been having with them?

The reason I was thinking about possibly saving for one in the future is because of the noise factor I will encounter with other big bore air rifles. I could purchase a Recluse .357 for about half the cost of a Rogue, but not unlike my Eun Jin .25 Sumatra Carbine, it will be extremely LOUD! Like firearm loud and therefore easily heard by surrounding coyotes or other game that would be legal to hunt with one.

Can you elaborate just a little on your reason for stating that it is "Not a good choice"?

Thanks,

ARH
AirRifleHunter

Postby Roger » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Alot of problems with the Rogue.....I have taken Big Ground Hogs out to 70 yrds with my 202 9mm and they did not hear anything. If noise is a problem, then go ahead and pay the extra $500 or $600 for the Rogue. I have several Korean rifles that are drilled and taped for silencers, but I do not dare try to do that , because I do not want the ATF at my door...I wish more air rifle used baffels...

Shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Postby AirRifleHunter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 am

Roger wrote:Alot of problems with the Rogue.....I have taken Big Ground Hogs out to 70 yrds with my 202 9mm and they did not hear anything. If noise is a problem, then go ahead and pay the extra $500 or $600 for the Rogue. I have several Korean rifles that are drilled and taped for silencers, but I do not dare try to do that , because I do not want the ATF at my door...I wish more air rifle used baffels...

Shoot straight
Roger

Thanks for the information Roger. That basically sums up everything I have heard about the Rogue as well. I guess I'll probably end up with either a Recluse or something similar. I don't want to go bigger than .357 at this time and probably won't even get one of those for a while unless I get a real great bargain on one. My .25 Sumatra Carbine has the threads on the end too, but I'll never put anything on there for the exact reason you mentioned. I'll just take it to the range and hunt with it or go to the desert. ;)
AirRifleHunter

Postby Roger » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:06 am

Your .25 cal. Sumatra is very capable of taking larger pest.....I have three Korean air rifles and they are HOT RODS! I was very cxcited about the Rogue, but info and reviews just kept getting worst and worst...The Korean rifles also can be tuned to get alot more out of them...Do not get me wrong I still LOVE my two Marauders and shoot them alot. The Rogue still may come around, but alot has to happen alot of issues.

shoot straight
Roger
Last edited by Roger on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger

Postby AirRifleHunter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:39 am

Roger wrote:Your .25 cal. Sumatra is very capable of taking larger pest.....I have three Korean air rifles and they are HOT RODS! I was very cxcited about the Rogue, but info and reviews just kept getting worst and worst...The Korean rifles also can be tuned to get alot more out of them...Do not get me wrong I still LOVE my two Marauders and shoot them alot. The Rogue still may come around, but alot has to happen alot of issues.

shoot straight
Roger

I agree about the Rogue completely and I totally love shooting and hunting with all my Benjamin air rifles (.22 Disco, .22 P-Rod, .22 M-Rod, .25 M-Rod) and I doubt, unless something happens which requires me to sell them, that I will get rid of them. They all shoot well and have their place and purpose in my shooting and hunting needs.

I have also read about the .25 Sumatra Carbines being easily capable of shooting the 43.2 grain Eun Jin pellets at close to 1000FPS which would produce close to close to 96FPE at the muzzle. Once I finally get to the range to shoot it over the chrony I'll let you all know what kind of velocities I get with different pellets.
AirRifleHunter

Return to Benjamin Rouge .357 by Crosman