Xmas Present Rogue Gen 2

The Benjamin Rouge in .357 caliber by Crosman is the first big-bore airgun to have an electronic valve to ensure both shot-to-shot consistency, and maximum shots per fill. This forum is a place to talk about the new rifle.

Xmas Present Rogue Gen 2

Postby int3man » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:06 am

Hi All Newbie here. I received a Rogue Gen 2 for Xmas present. Nice rifle. After Scoping the rifle, and a disappointing first time out at a ranch, I was able to get to a range. After getting on the paper at 25 yards (2 rounds I was shooting Bulls) I stepped out to 50 yards. The most accurate Ammo that I saw on the Internet was .358 round ball, so that is what I shot. I was able to hit what I was aiming at on low power, light bullet setting. (Putting them in or under the 10 ring) Bench Rest.
I do have some issues with the rifle. It will not hold air overnight, so I do not know how much air I am loosing during my shooting. Also it kills the batteries. It kills the Duracells down to .5 volts in under a week ( I know they suggest Lithium, but after it killed a set of those I shifted to something I could afford. Now I remove and reinstall them). That is with the rifle stored with the bolt closed and the Microswitch cleared. This is a Gen 2 guns so the bullet weight options are limited and I still have to figure out the Sol time feature. As to shooting it is great aside from the fact that you have to load up and go to the range. High Power is Loud! and I don't mean maybe. I was shooting with melloairman next target over and the sounds to his Corsair were compatible on High power. Med or light the main sound is the ball impacting the backstop. Nice Thwack!
Does anyone have an exploded view of how this is assembled? I need to chase the air leak down.
Thanks Michael
.22 Marauder
W.A.R. NBH Quiet!!
.25 Marauder
W.A.R. De-Pinged and it WORKS
W.A.R. NBH W.A.R. Valve Sweet
Stock Rogue Sold
.177 Regal, Bearing Trigger Job.
PRod
Drilled out Valve
Wow!! Hot Rod
int3man

Re: Xmas Present Rogue Gen 2

Postby hill » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Santa may wish he had done some internet searches before leaving you the Rogue (which is now discontinued)

This may help;
http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/ind ... ic=19084.0
hill

Xmas Present Rogue Gen 2

Postby BadBob86 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:17 pm

Ouch...

I was thinking the same.
Talon Tunes .25 MROD - Reservoir & Shroud Extensions
Teryx Stock - Magpul PRS, MIAD Grip, & MOE RVG
Hawke Sidewinder Tac. 6.5-20x42
Atlas Bipod & Accu-Shot Monopod
Clague C.F. Stripper ;)

Just one last plunge down the rabbit hole...
BadBob86

Postby int3man » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks, I'll check out the link. Santa had a good heart and it is what I needed. I don't need my neighbors in my business on my property. Fences make good neighbors, or is it neighbors good?
.22 Marauder
W.A.R. NBH Quiet!!
.25 Marauder
W.A.R. De-Pinged and it WORKS
W.A.R. NBH W.A.R. Valve Sweet
Stock Rogue Sold
.177 Regal, Bearing Trigger Job.
PRod
Drilled out Valve
Wow!! Hot Rod
int3man

Postby Vic » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:31 am

I wish they would make an MRod in .357. I think it would sell. To me the biggest problem with the Rogue was its cost.

Vic
Vic

Return to Benjamin Rouge .357 by Crosman