moisture in air reservoir?

Submit your Marauder air rifle reviews here, or share links to other reviews you have found on the web.

moisture in air reservoir?

Postby pb95 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi, I am concerned about using a benjamin hand pump to fill my marauder. I am afraid it allows moisture into the reservoir, which may cause the inside to rust. Is it okay to use a handpump, or do i need to invest in a scuba tank?
"Shoot for the best but prepare for the worst."
pb95

Re: moisture in air reservoir?

Postby Supercharged86 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Pb95, Unfortunately, moisture is a by-product of heat, which is generated with the pumping action of these hand pumps. However, I believe you can avoid a large percentage of the moisture if the pumping action is done slowly, trying to maintain a cool pump if possible. Furthermore, a Hill brand pump has a built in moisture filter to help alleviate this problem were as the Benji one I believe doesn't. All in all, I think you'll be happier going the SCBA/SCUBA route if you don't mind the added expense and have a place to fill them. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: moisture in air reservoir?

Postby Roger » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Steve is right the Benji pump does not have a moisture filter. I talked to Duane Sorensen of Sun Optics in Nov. and he told me that a dry pack filter was coming in Jan. for the Benji. I sent him an e-mail a week ago and he hopes to have it available some time next month the cost will be around $25.

It is always good to have a hand pump around for a back up no matter what you are using for an air source.

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Return to Marauder Reviews