Page 1 of 1

First impression of 22 Marauder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 pm
by bboydtx
Got my 22 Marauder today after weeks of research. I got the 10 for $10.00 deal,3 Mags and the Benjamin hand pump. Don't know if it was the 10 for 10 inspection or I just got lucky but the fit,finish and function are perfect. Mounted a 4X16x40 Center Point scope ( I have 3 of these and they are great for the price ) The gun came with 2200# of air. It was tested at 2500#. 890/925 fps with 14.5 gr. Discover hollow points. I did not add any air to sight in at 20 yards. Took me 5 rounds to hit a 3/4" dot with the next 5 rounds. I was impressed. I then picked off 6 doves offhand from 35 to 50 yards. 5 of them fell straight down. I missed the first 2 because i was holding a little high. Very flat from 20 to 50 yards with only 2000#. Now the negative part. I am 68 yo and pumping this thing to 2500# is a chore. Because of the reviews I read I bought a 80CF 3000 psi al. scuba at a locaL Dive shop. I ordered a Kingman yoke with Foster conecter 5 days ago from Az. Air Guns. It has not shipped and they will not respond. I paid $99.00 plus shipping. Probably My last purchase from them. I will stick with Pymamid in the future. I have 5 German guns that cost way more and the quality is superior. This is my first PCP and will probably not shoot the springers much any more. I bought a Benjamin Super Streak about 6 months ago. It is a grear hard hitting Springer that someone can get a great deal on. I love the 22 Marauder !!

Re: First impression of 22 Marauder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:00 am
by wahoowad
I ordered a Kingman yoke with Foster conecter 5 days ago from Az. Air Guns. It has not shipped and they will not respond.

You are not alone regarding Airguns of Arizona horrendous communication skills. They have ignored emails from me including inquiries about a $1,000 order I placed. I called 7 times over 4 weekdays and was left on hold for a total of 1.5 hours (checked call times on my cell phone) and did not get my calls or emails returned. Finally reached someone who still did not follow through and send me the requested info. Gun shipped a week later than promised, still not arrived. I would call to inquire but they do not offer their customers a 1-800 number and am tired of paying the long distance charges. Fella on the phone sounded knowledgeable and they have some good prices, but it appears you get it THEIR WAY or no way. Closed Sat/Sun too. My credit card was charged a full week before shipping which says to me they did not have my gun in stock yet charged me even before knowing they would have it to ship. Next time I'll pay a few bucks more and buy elsewhere because customer service and information about my product is as equally important to me as the product itself. Just a note - Jim at Precision Airguns answered the phone personally and promptly every single time I have called.

Nice review on the Marauder! I can't wait for mine to show up. Glad to hear about the fit and finish!!!!

Re: First impression of 22 Marauder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:17 pm
by Supercharged86
Hi Bboydtx, Welcome to the forum. Nice to see your enjoying the new Mrod. Likewise, you'll enjoy the ease of filling from a compressed air cylinder. I too have had my one and done experience with AOA. Cheers. Steve