2nd impression - 22 Marauder

Submit your Marauder air rifle reviews here, or share links to other reviews you have found on the web.

2nd impression - 22 Marauder

Postby bboydtx » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:45 pm

I have had my gun a little over a week and I am having a blast now that I have the suba set up. Pumping this thing with the Ben hand pump sucks. I am still using the factory settings. I am on my first fill from the scuba tank. Filled to 2500# and after 20 shots It is at 2000# using 14.3 gr. Ben HP which is what PA used when checking the gun (10 for $10 test) The tape they sent me was 925 fps for first shot and 881 fps for the 10th. From what I have read in reviews that sounds a little high but I am happy and will not change the settings for now. I am getting 3/8" groups at 56' indoors. I have shot birds at 50+ yards with no hold over. I have a bunch of expensive German rifles that will be gathering dust. Tip--I have a shooting stick. the V unscrews and will screw on a camera tripod. It makes a great shooting rest. I have a long and a short bipod and this set-up works as good as the long one for shooting from the sitting position and I don't have to remove the bipod to put it in my safe. When recooped financially I will get a Chrno. and maybe a limanated thumbhole stock. I am loving the accuracy,power,multi shot without cocking a break barrel and especially the quiteness for backyard shooting. I can't wait to take it small game hunting. If I restock it I will try to post pictures.
bboydtx

Re: 2nd impression - 22 Marauder

Postby BlackdogGS » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm the same age as you and I'm trying to justify the cost of the Marauder. What did the scuba tank and fittings cost? How much does for a refill? How many shots can you get out out of a tank?
BlackdogGS

Re: 2nd impression - 22 Marauder

Postby SHOOTINIT » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Thats a 4 year old post..

scuba tanks are about 200 new.with a 15 year life, annual inspection about 10-15 bucks usually a refill included...refills around 5-10

i got 30 free refills with purchase..depends on your dealer...fitting s are about 20-60 depending on name brand...ebay

if you shoot .117 it will last a long time..i get 3-5 months once i get down to 2000 psi i get it topped...... .25 sucks up air and lots of money on pellets.

if you just want to shoot and not go broke... .177 is the way to go..beeman hollow points are very good in all my guns and only 5 bucks for 500

i shoot at 600 fps for the most part..if i go hunting i'll go to 900....no real point in 900fps for paper
99% of the time it's the shooter, not the gun.

SHOOTINIT

Return to Marauder Reviews