d-rod project

Re: d-rod project

Postby miksatx » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:29 am

Back up and shooting in original wood. shooting .177 h&n 10.65gr 1034fps just seconds after I took the latest pics. Need a .22 barrel

miksatx

Postby Monkeydad1969 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:49 pm

So how is that Cothran valve running for you?

I went and ordered a RatSniper Valve for 81.00 shipped. I didn't get the P-Rod valve, and I am still on the fence about a Cothran.

Joe
Monkeydad1969

Postby miksatx » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:56 am

Monkeydad1969 wrote:So how is that Cothran valve running for you?

I went and ordered a RatSniper Valve for 81.00 shipped. I didn't get the P-Rod valve, and I am still on the fence about a Cothran.

Joe

I've still have 2 o rings in front of the valve stem. Using a p rod hammer spring with no power adjustment. with my BNM 25 cal breech it pushing JSB kings 25.3gn 925+fps. This is from a 2200psi regged bottle. I'd really like to find a nice looking quality wire stock for it. These alumnium power adjuster adapter for the AR stocks come loose and after so long the threads strip out. I just purchased another cothran valve it's already in my 2260 tube lol I fell off the fence awhile ago lol.
miksatx

Postby Monkeydad1969 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:27 pm

Dang! 48fpe and reg at 2200psi. Very nice. Any pics of what your beast looks like now? I am still considering getting one, especially for a .30 to .357 build. I think, well I do want to make my QB78 a .30 Corsair. That would be sweet. I can get the barrel from Roy Weid of Mountain Air. But he can't get me a tube or do the valve work. So now I am looking for other resources. I will get the barrel from him. If I can get a tube to match the barrel length to the muzzle that would look better to me. I decided to take my time with the Corsair build, so probable take up to 2 yrs, in no hurry with this one. Plan on getting a .357 big bore---hopefully Sam Yang will build a Sumatra in .357---me and another GTA member are doing a poll for a big bore Sumatra and Tyler of PA says to be patient. So something is brewing. If not, then I may fork over some dollars for the BullDog. I know I can get cheaper, but I want a repeater .357 and the mag holds long ammo. The Hatsan Carnivore is a dissapointment.

But...I will probably get the PowerHouse Valve and another tube in Disco length and piece together a .357 just cause of my addiction, do the Corsair over a couple years, unless I get lucky. And now typing this, I think I will just get the valve from him and just have him make me a Disco length tube. He already gave me a good price on a big bore breech for a TJ liner. I could build a .357 for 600.00. with his parts and parts from Crosman. There you go. But if Sam Yang does bring out a .357 Sumatra, I'm all over it.

How is the accuracy with the BNM and GM barrel?

Joe
Monkeydad1969

Postby miksatx » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:14 pm

marauder trigger group and spacer headed this way.
miksatx

Postby miksatx » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:40 pm

Monkeydad1969 wrote:Dang! 48fpe and reg at 2200psi. Very nice. Any pics of what your beast looks like now? I am still considering getting one, especially for a .30 to .357 build. I think, well I do want to make my QB78 a .30 Corsair. That would be sweet. I can get the barrel from Roy Weid of Mountain Air. But he can't get me a tube or do the valve work. So now I am looking for other resources. I will get the barrel from him. If I can get a tube to match the barrel length to the muzzle that would look better to me. I decided to take my time with the Corsair build, so probable take up to 2 yrs, in no hurry with this one. Plan on getting a .357 big bore---hopefully Sam Yang will build a Sumatra in .357---me and another GTA member are doing a poll for a big bore Sumatra and Tyler of PA says to be patient. So something is brewing. If not, then I may fork over some dollars for the BullDog. I know I can get cheaper, but I want a repeater .357 and the mag holds long ammo. The Hatsan Carnivore is a dissapointment.

But...I will probably get the PowerHouse Valve and another tube in Disco length and piece together a .357 just cause of my addiction, do the Corsair over a couple years, unless I get lucky. And now typing this, I think I will just get the valve from him and just have him make me a Disco length tube. He already gave me a good price on a big bore breech for a TJ liner. I could build a .357 for 600.00. with his parts and parts from Crosman. There you go. But if Sam Yang does bring out a .357 Sumatra, I'm all over it.

How is the accuracy with the BNM and GM barrel?

Joe

Yup not bad for not being full power from the valve lol. I know he advertises 300 ft. Lbs. of energy from it.
lol that's a heck of list of projects and purchases ya have there Joe. the accuracy is great, lol as long as ya don't bump the shroud very hard. That's a guaranteed poi shift lol
miksatx

Postby Monkeydad1969 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Yeah. It's a lot. When you get a chance, please post some pics. I would love to see a .25 get 300fpe---lmbo. But then we wouldn't need a big bore. I hope that if i build a Cothran/Crosman .357 that I can get 200fpe. :mrgreen:

Joe
Monkeydad1969

Postby miksatx » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:05 pm

I was planning on shooting .25 slugs with it. Maybe take a couple pigs this summer.
miksatx

Postby Monkeydad1969 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Well, in a couple weeks I hope to have my .25 Carbine done, so I can help you take a few more pigs. Where are you located or going to hunt pigs? I hope to be in Oklahoma this summer. They have pigs near Eufaula and McAlester. Can't wait to open up the demi-beast on them.
Monkeydad1969

Postby miksatx » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:50 pm

Monkeydad1969 wrote:Well, in a couple weeks I hope to have my .25 Carbine done, so I can help you take a few more pigs. Where are you located or going to hunt pigs? I hope to be in Oklahoma this summer. They have pigs near Eufaula and McAlester. Can't wait to open up the demi-beast on them.

I'm in San Antonio pigs are up around New Braunsfels,TX. Actually the damn pigs are every where around us lol.
miksatx

PreviousNext

Return to Discovery Modifications, Tuning, and Adjusting