NP2 hardwood

Spring-piston, Nitro-piston, NP, NP2

NP2 hardwood

Postby RocG » Tue May 27, 2014 3:40 pm

I received my NP2 hardwood on saturday, right before I was heading out of town. Finally I had a chance to shoot it at short range, just to see how the firing cycle was. The recoil is indeed minimal, and this thing is quiet! It's easy to cock, significantly easier than say an NP XL.

I prefer the trigger on my first gen marauder, but the NP2 is nice too. The pull is a little heavy with the factory setting, but it's adjustable, so I hope to improve the situation. But it's decent out of the box.

Since I've only fired it at a range of about 5' with no optics mounted I can't yet comment on accuracy.

The stock forend width feels good to me, but I think it might feel a bit bulky if you have smaller hands, much like a marauder. The pistol grip feels good and I think would work for all hand sizes.

The stock finish is on par with a marauder. I've seen some Np XLs with sub par finishes. The NP2 is better than that for sure. It's a mat finish which I think is good for a potential hunting rifle.

I haven't had a chance to crony test the gun myself, but I ordered the 10/10 from pyramyd and the shot string they sent me with 11.9 grain RWS hobby's was:

for an average of 863 ft/s and 19.7 ft lb.

Overall the gun feels good and if the accuracy proves out I think crosman has delivered on their promises.

If you've got any questions about the gun let me know and I'll try and figure it out. I know accuracy is first on the list, but there are two problems. Time, and I'm not THAT good of a shot. But I can say the firing cycle was smoother than any other spring gun I've shot.
RocG

Re: NP2 hardwood

Postby GARich » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:15 am

Thanks for the info. I was all set to buy an NP2, but then I read the reviews on PyramidAir and decided to wait. Crosman QC is on vacation. :oops:
Rich
GARich

Re: NP2 hardwood

Postby buldawg76 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:30 pm

RocG
You must have got a good NP2 as I bought a trail synthetic stock in dec of 2014 after I traded my Titan NP to a friend for a HPA 90 CI bottle that I was in need of and the NP2 compared to my Titan NP was night and day difference.
The NP2 had way more recoil and was very harsh feeling in its shot cycle as compared to my NP and it only shot 70 fps faster than my NP but I could not hit a decent group with it and was very disappointed with it as I feel Crosman really
dropped the ball with the NP2 and promptly sent it back to PA for a refund and waited for my Titan to go on sale and bought another Titan NP and now have a very smooth and pleasant shooting NP that shoots CP 14.3s at 773fps and is hitting 1/2 groups at 35 yards all day long. The NP2 would shoot the same CP 14.3s at 850 fps but you could not hit the same place twice if you were 5 feet away so if you cannot hit what you are aiming at all the extra power is for nothing.

BD
buldawg76

Return to Crosman Break Barrel air guns