Possible Safety Issue with Trail NP2

Spring-piston, Nitro-piston, NP, NP2

Possible Safety Issue with Trail NP2

Postby Gear_Junkie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:56 am

I have a question about a potential safety issue on my new NP2. At the rear of the compression tube assembly (above the trigger) is a plug pin that goes through the tube. This pin also secures the small, rear, plastic shroud and the piston assembly. The issue is that the right side of this plug pin (when viewing the rifle pointing away from you) does not sit flush with the exterior of the [metal] compression tube assembly - instead, it sits inside of this hole approximately 1/16" to 3/32", thus barely making any contact with the metal tube (if at all). I'm concerned that the right side of this pin (which appears to brace the shock of the piston) is only being restrained by the plastic shroud through which the pin goes through (and not the metal compression tube assembly), and that the piston will eventually blow out. If the compression tuber were 1/4" thick, this would not be an issue. However, I’m guessing this tube has a wall thickness of about 1/16”.

Is there anyone here that has an NP2 that can confirm if the right side of this plug pin sits flush with the compression tube assembly, or if it is inset about 1/16" to 3/32"?

I have had horrible luck with Crosman quality control. I went through 4 defective .22 Marauders before giving up on it. I liked the style of the NP2, and it seemed like the initial quality control issues had been fixed, so I thought I would give it a try.

I appreciate any help.
Gear_Junkie

Return to Crosman Break Barrel air guns