Re-post for you scopecam buffs...The Syncam Mount

If you have or have found a video online that is specific to the Crosman / Benjamin Marauder please post a link or photo here.

Re-post for you scopecam buffs...The Syncam Mount

Postby huntjunky » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Well boys and girls, I was without optics for a spell so it's been awhile since I've reported in. Leapers came through in spades replacing my 6-24x Accushot with no questions asked and the miscellaneous issues were resolved w/ the receipt of the brand new scope. These folks are a pleasure to work with and just wanted a happy customer...rare in this day and age...thanks a million, Dick. Well, I digress. The main reason for this post is to share a little something I threw together, to resolve another issue revolving around a solid adjustable scope cam mount. As I had some 6061 aircraft aluminum left over and thinking outside the box a little bit, I found a solution to the problems I experienced with the Orion and Seben mounting brackets. My bracket is 1/5th the weight of the a for mentioned, much quicker/easier to install, adjustments are quicker and more positive and hugely more stable and secure. Taking advantage of the Synrod adjustable cheek piece, some spare hardware and a little ingenuity, I came up with the following, while waiting for the scope. As a pictures worth a thousand words, I offer the following:

Fully adjustable fore and aft, by sliding along the cheek piece, for focal lengths at various powers

Fully adjustable for vertical alignment, utilizing cheek piece height adjustment

Site line pitch achieved by differential adjustment of front and rear cheek piece posts

Lateral alignment is fixed as a product of fabrication...one less adjustment to deal with

Radial alignment achieved with wing nut adjustment on the camera bracket

I like the cost...spare stuff and $4.89 for some stainless hardware :D

My bracket lacks the pivot feature to swing the camera from the eyepiece, but I have very little need for this and when I do, I can remove and replace the whole setup almost as quick as swinging and readjusting the other style, as I just couldn't get it to stay in place. I will post some clips, using my setup, for some longer distance shooting and perhaps some live targets...good to get "back in the saddle" ...really been missing shooting the Synrod.
huntjunky

Re: Re-post for you scopecam buffs...The Syncam Mount

Postby NeuRon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Damn fine use of the adjustable cheek rest! :D Great idea. As you point out, all adjustment is there in the stock already. I'll keep this approach in mind on future projects. Always looking to improve and adapt my methods. :)
Prod (tuned by Paul B., LW barrel, RB grips, ACE Folding stock, camo, TKO & JG brakes)
Sold: .22 Mrod "The Toad" (tuned by Paul B., 18" LW barrel, Toad-A-Flage camo)
Sold: .25 TT Mrod w/ reservoir and shroud extensions

NeuRon

Return to Videos