25 P-Rod?

This is the place to leave feedback for Crosman, If you leave feedback here they will see it.
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman. If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee they will reply to you or the form. I can guarantee that this form grows to a fraction of what I think it will, then it would be in Crosman’s best interest to assign an employee to watch and participate in our forum. And we invite them to do so.

25 P-Rod?

Postby 2ndamendmentman on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:09 am

Long time powder guy (50 + years) who played with a Gamo about ten years ago. I then bought an English made Webley Tomahawk in 22. The gun shot well when I did everything exactly right. Started reading up on the M-Rod in this forum and I believe it was an article in Shotgun news. I bought the 25. Just got around to filling the tank and mounting the scope. This gun exceeds all of my expectations! Powerful, quiet and best of all, accurate. Despite what I consider to be a somewhat bulky look and feel, the gun points naturally.

So, will Crossman put out a 25 P-Rod? It would be a good companion to my M-Rod.
2ndamendmentman

Re: 25 P-Rod?

Postby NeuRon on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:48 am

That would be fun... ...but loud, too.

I think it's probably too risky for Crosman, but I'd rather see a hybrid. I think making a .22 or .25 Prod with a better stock and an Mrod-length shroud, to keep things quiet, would result in a nice little carbine that would be very practical for most people. If they could put more effort into it by making a longer barrel (maybe 14"-16"), then all the better. Resisting the Mrod's air-resevoir would keep weight down... ...though adding an extension to the Prod's would seem necessary.

A lightweight, synthetic stock would be just the ticket, but we all know Crosman could make some additional money by offering a custom wood (laminate?) replacement as a custom accessory.

And can't somebody in the carbon-fiber market get us some lightweight replacement shroud and air-res tubes already? :roll: :D

NeuRon

Return to Feedback for Crosman