Scuba and SCBA tanks

This is the place to leave feedback for Crosman, If you leave feedback here they will see it.
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman. If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee they will reply to you or the form. I can guarantee that this form grows to a fraction of what I think it will, then it would be in Crosman’s best interest to assign an employee to watch and participate in our forum. And we invite them to do so.

Scuba and SCBA tanks

Postby cptmclark » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Where are you guys getting your tanks? I see the common airgun web stores don't sell them. I've looked at fire station equipment on line stores as well as SCUBA product stores and it seems I'm going to have to shell out upwards of 600 bucks for a SCBA or 200 for the SCUBA, plus lines and fittings. Does it really have to be that expensive? Thanks,
cptmclark

Re: Scuba and SCBA tanks

Postby Lammy1000 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Worth every penny if you enjoy precision air rifles. Which caliber are you buying? The diminutive .177 caliber can get up to 2400 rounds from a 3000 psi, 80cfm scuba tank and provide long range target accuracy. The larger calibers can be air hogs, but provide significant energy downrange for hunting.
Lammy1000

Postby cptmclark » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:06 pm

I have a 22, and friend just got a 25. He said he saw an ad for refurbished SCBA tanks for less, with 5 years left. The size was less than 80 'cu, but maybe that's true for all SCBA tanks. As an aside, his 25 came with the barrel shround against the protective ring, way left. Can't be good. Removed the supressor and the barrel itself had a tad of clearance around it, just barely. Some posters elsewhere have recommended bending the barrel, but I've gotta think that is not good for accuracy. Opinions? I should take that to another thread I guess.
cptmclark

Postby The Busey » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:14 am

More than likely the barrel is straight. The barrel band is prob mounted alittle to the left or right. Dont go bending you barrel!
The Busey

Postby oletom » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:55 am

dive shop can supply a 3250# tank for under 200.....ck the yellow classified for Joe bianco for his valve and large guage and micro hose....he has the best goin....problem with the scba 4500# tanks is some dive shops won't fill to that pressure, they claim its to hard on the equipment....there is a shoebox compressor out that works with ur garage compressor that will reach #4500.....my concern wirh that wud be moisture possibility getting into the gun....be cautious if purching a used aluminum 80cf. tank there have been some problems with cracking around the neck and won't pass a new hydro. I think thisn is more a problem with older tanks
oletom

Postby RobZfisherman » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:01 pm

I priced a lot of tanks and found that serious dollars were going to be involved even at a budget level. I didn't want to spend a lot and come up lacking one way or another so I bit the bullet and saved up for a Great White with all the bells and whistles from Joe Brancato at Air Tanks for Sale. Big outlay indeed at $920 delivered but I shouldn't feel shorted compared to other options. This coming weekend I'll get to say no to the pump and might enjoy twice the shots in the same amount of time on these short winter days.
Now the door is open for higher capacity/fill pressure AGs which was on my mind while saving up.
BTW my room mate works at an air/gas supply shop and I'm surrounded by many other options as well, something to check on before getting a high pressure/cost tank.
Cheers!
Experience is gained through lack of experience. So true.
M-rod .22 20 @ 34 fpe 28 ES
P-rod .22 16 @ 21 fpe 28 ES
S-rod .25 20 @ 45 fpe 26 ES
RobZfisherman

Postby LDP » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Just like everyone else has said make sure you can get a tank filled before you shell out the money. If you can get the tanks filled consider the cost difference between the tank setup and the hand pumps. The Hill hand pump will run you just under $300 new and you can pick up the luxfor 106 tank for $564.99 and that includes everything you would need to fill the gun. Joes setup is a little more but you get a nicer fill hose and a little bigger gauge and a second gauge for the tanks pressure. The luxfor setup works just fine if you are looking to save a few dollars.
LDP

Scuba and SCBA tanks

Postby BadBob86 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:24 pm

If you can't find a dive shop that'll fill an SCBA to capacity, check your local welding shops for 6k cylinders of nitrogen/breathing air. It's actually better/easier if you shoot a lot, although its still quite expensive, but you could always get a few friends together and share the cost.
Talon Tunes .25 MROD - Reservoir & Shroud Extensions
Teryx Stock - Magpul PRS, MIAD Grip, & MOE RVG
Hawke Sidewinder Tac. 6.5-20x42
Atlas Bipod & Accu-Shot Monopod
Clague C.F. Stripper ;)

Just one last plunge down the rabbit hole...
BadBob86

Return to Feedback for Crosman