Damaged Stock out of box

This is the place to leave feedback for Crosman, If you leave feedback here they will see it.
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman. If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee they will reply to you or the form. I can guarantee that this form grows to a fraction of what I think it will, then it would be in Crosman’s best interest to assign an employee to watch and participate in our forum. And we invite them to do so.

Damaged Stock out of box

Postby keoni on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:55 pm

I am so disappointed. Received my Marauder today (Direct from Crosman), opened the box and was greeted with a damaged stock. The quality of packaging is not in my opinion up to what one would expect from a $500 air rifle. The damage was caused by the clip in the plastic bag being impacted and hitting the stock real hard. The box the rifle is in and the box the box was in are undamaged. here are some pics of the damaged stock, crescent shaped tear in the plastic bag (how I know the damage was from the clip), and the rifle in the box and how the docs, clip was placed. Even if in plastic, why on earth would someone design packaging with something that can flop around or in this case get between the product and do significant damage to it. this is not a cheap BB gun for crying out loud. Crosman can and should do better. Suggestions: 1) Make a cutout in the foam, place these objects in them so there is no way they can make contact with the rifle, 2) Put the rifle in a soft bag (like what a TV, computer monitor.. comes in), 3) put a desiccant pack in the bag, 4) ship the inner box in an outer box with some padding around it. Again, ther was no damage to either box. I bet I could smack the box with about 10lbs of preasure with the palm of my hand and do this damage.

I'll call Crosman tomorrow and report back.
John

keoni

Re: Damaged Stock out of box

Postby huffelfingre on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Well I would bet you they will just send you another stock, then maybe you can even customize the dented one?????
huffelfingre

Postby keoni on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:27 pm

Received by UPS last night, sent back to NY today.
I live in So Cal, ~1 week each way to/ from NY by ground. uhgg.
The customer service rep was actually going to send me a ground shipper to get it back to NY. I asked for overnight, he ended up sending a 2 day. He then said he doesn't handle the return and that I need to request a quick turn on the form and hope they comply to my wishes. He didn't see to trilled with my request. This was of course after I hit him up for a free mag as many seem to have received here after having issues. He didn't seem too thrilled with that either, but put it off on whover receives the shipment.

So, I noted on the form, ~please include free mag for my trouble and please ship back overnight. If you can't/ won't do both, plase call me, I may want to cancel.

In packing it up, I found another issue which I'll place in another forum area tonight as it is a problem with the manufacture/assembly/quality/QA rather than this packaging/handling issue.

John
keoni

Postby keoni on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Here's a pic of the box they (at Crosman) ship the rifle in. All it does is add a bit of thickness to the cardboard and hide what the contents are. I would think the box should be a bit bigger to allow for some popcorn or other padding between the boxes. It's just big enough to fit the rifle box.
Can anyone comment on how the distributors ship these rifles?
keoni

Postby keoni on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:40 pm

Update:
They received my Marauder on Thursday morning 7/16. No call or feedback as of yet. I called on 7/20 and spoke to a nice lady in customer service. She informed me the one and only person in the repair department that handles these issues is out from 7/16-7/20. No one is there to replace his efforts, not even to open the boxes and redirect them if needed. I don't want a repair, I want a new one so someone could probably handle that without a repair person being bothered with it. There's another suggestion there for Crosman--> have someone fill in for people when they're out on vacation...

I need to call again tomorrow, 7/21, to check on the status. uhgg it will be 3-4 weeks from my order before being able to take the first shot. :(

Re the packaging issues, I was informed on the call that they have had other issues with stock damage and they are looking into improving their packaging of this product.

John
keoni

Postby trealtree on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:03 pm

I am a shipping and receiving supervisor where I work. When I am training people one thing that I tell them is that if you can hear anything rattle or shake after you get the box ready to ship.....Repack it. We use Insta Pak flow in hot foam for our packaging. But we also ship 8,000 dollar batteries.
trealtree

Postby Supercharged86 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:32 pm

I know this post is fairly old, but would like to add my .02 worth. My Mrod came from A.O.A. last month and was shipped in a box that was about 1 1/2 times the size of the product box, which included a boat load of peanut shaped foamies. Very nicely packed. However, the stock had a small dent about midway down the comb (which was clearly not shipping related). So after a call back to A.O.A. the gentlemen said that I could send it back to him or call Crosman to inquire about a replacement stock. Since I was too excited about getting the Mrod, I wasn't up to sending it all the way back to Arizona. So instead I called Crosman which is only a few hundred miles to the west of me and in less than a week I had a brand new stock in hand, plus they didn't even want the original one back, so I now have two. :D
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby robbie on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Supercharged86 wrote:I know this post is fairly old, but would like to add my .02 worth. My Mrod came from A.O.A. last month and was shipped in a box that was about 1 1/2 times the size of the product box, which included a boat load of peanut shaped foamies. Very nicely packed. However, the stock had a small dent about midway down the comb (which was clearly not shipping related). So after a call back to A.O.A. the gentlemen said that I could send it back to him or call Crosman to inquire about a replacement stock. Since I was too excited about getting the Mrod, I wasn't up to sending it all the way back to Arizona. So instead I called Crosman which is only a few hundred miles to the west of me and in less than a week I had a brand new stock in hand, plus they didn't even want the original one back, so I now have two. :D

my mr came in a plano gun case and it was still damaged (cracked) in the comb area if that's the area right behind the trigger guard. I don't see anyother damage on the stock so i can't imagine how it recieve a blow hard enough to crack it like this
robbie

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:25 pm

robbie wrote:my mr came in a plano gun case and it was still damaged (cracked) in the comb area if that's the area right behind the trigger guard. I don't see anyother damage on the stock so i can't imagine how it recieve a blow hard enough to crack it like this

Hey Robbie, That sounds like the grip area, (the comb is the top horizontal edge above the cheekpiece) not that it really matters. I would definately call Crosman and demand a new one :evil: ! :D Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Return to Feedback for Crosman