Screw on Left Side of Bolt

This is the place to leave feedback for Crosman, If you leave feedback here they will see it.
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman. If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee they will reply to you or the form. I can guarantee that this form grows to a fraction of what I think it will, then it would be in Crosman’s best interest to assign an employee to watch and participate in our forum. And we invite them to do so.

Screw on Left Side of Bolt

Postby jlc on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Today i noticed that the screw on the left side of the gun (.22) that is attached to the bolt had backed out, this is the screw
head (3.5mm) that you can see in the small cut out area. I snugged it up and then checked with crosman. I asked if
i should remove it and use some loctite. she said she would check with one of the engineers and call me back.

He said (via her), to remove the screw, tilt the gun to insure i got the spacer out with the screw than put some loctite on the
screw and replace it.

Has anyone else had this issue? I checked the .177 and it was slightly loose as well. I have not done the "fix" yet, but i would
like to hear from the forum members who certainly have a lot more experience with the gun than i, thanks

peace
jlc

Re: Screw on Left Side of Bolt

Postby Masked Marauder on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:05 am

I haven't had any issues with the cap screw coming loose without thread-locker. Try snugging it and if it loosens-up again put a drop of blue thread locker on it.

MM
Masked Marauder

Re: Screw on Left Side of Bolt

Postby jlc on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:24 am

Thanks for the response, do you know if the spacer is like a washer or a separate item that will fit in
the hole below (first), then the cap screw and if there is anything in particular i should be aware of prior
to removing it.

I have kind of answered some of my own question, i went to the link of the exploded parts list for the gun and
the parts are items 24 and 26, so i didn't see any springs or o rings associated with this so i will give this a try a
little later.

http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/1763%20&%202263%20EVP%20&%20PL.PDF

The diagram is worth a look, for folks like me without any PCP experience it shows all the components of the gun, worth a look. I did do the thread lock
on that screw, i will let you know if it works.

peace
jlc

Return to Feedback for Crosman