STOCKS!!!!

This is the place to leave feedback for Crosman, If you leave feedback here they will see it.
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman. If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee they will reply to you or the form. I can guarantee that this form grows to a fraction of what I think it will, then it would be in Crosman’s best interest to assign an employee to watch and participate in our forum. And we invite them to do so.

STOCKS!!!!

Postby gts55 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:01 am

Hey Crossman, I love my .25 Mrod with the exception of the super bulky heavy stock. You as a Corporation are in a position to contract with Boyd Stock company to inlet their Blaster stock or the SS Evolution stock for the Mrod. Just start with a run of 500 or so. You would make a good return on your dollar and your die hard loyal customers would have the option to buy them as an after market product. @ around $150.00.. I think you would be surprised at just how many Mrod owners would jump on this. You could even have them drop shipped from Boyds. GTS
gts55

Re: STOCKS!!!!

Postby Right Windage » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Personally, I would just like to see the Marauder with a synthetic stock to help lighten the load. With the rifle, mount, bipod, and scope... my Marauder is coming in at nearly 11 pounds and anything to lighten that up would be much appreciated.

Right Windage

Postby AirRifleHunter » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Even with a lighter stock, the gun will still be heavy. The main weight of the gun is in the reservior tube, breech, hammer and barrel. the valve and gauge assemblies are light and the stock from the factory only weighs just over three pounds I think.

I reshaped my stock and cut out part of the stock under the comb and my .25 scoped Marauder is still right around 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 pounds with sling attached. The best way to lighten it (or at least make if feel lighter when shouldered) is to use a bull pup setup to change the balance point and bring the weight in closer to your shoulder.

I too would like a lighter stock, but the only real way they could do that would be to shape a good amount of wood from their current factory stock design. I'm in the process of reshaping and inletting a Boyd's Blaster stock that I purchased from Boyd's and once I get it done I'll weigh it and post photos so others can see what it looks like and what you can do to get a lighter stock on your Marauder Rifle. ;)
AirRifleHunter

Postby Right Windage » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 am

I agree that a synthetic stock wouldn't change the weight a lot, but like I said... anything to lighten that up would be appreciated.

In regard to the bullpups, while some significant weight could be shed, I see a couple drawbacks:

1.) Every bullpup stock that I've seen on a Marauder is ugly.
2.) While a bullpup makes for a nice compact package, it also makes working the action a little trickier and a little slower.

I could get past working the action if there was something out there that looked a little nicer.

Right Windage

Postby strever » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:24 pm

i have a Boyds Blaster i bought off the yellow for $200.00 inletted for the Marauder
and am not too happy with it
i would be happy to sell it to someone here before putting it back up for sale

Dick

http://junk-sales.com/cpg/displayimage. ... fullsize=1
Dick
It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

strever

Postby Barnydaddy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:43 pm

I like the red resin stocks the ATeam have on their rifles. Looks sharp too.
Marauder Rifle, .177
Marauder Rifle,.25
Crosman 1720T
Crosman 2300KT
TX200 MKIII, .177
Beeman R1, .177
Tempest, .177
Blue Streak .20
RWS48, .177
Tempest .177
Red Ryder w/Rifleman Mod
Bug-a-Salt
Barnydaddy

Location: Between San Francisco and Sacramento by Jelly Belly and Budweiser

Postby jps2486 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Mrod stocks weigh around 3 pounds. I've reworked mine and removed 1/2 pound from it and could do more. There is no reason why Crosman can't do the same . That way, they wouldn't have to depend on a third party vendor like Boyds.
jps2486

Postby jps2486 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm

AirRifleHunter wrote:Even with a lighter stock, the gun will still be heavy. The main weight of the gun is in the reservior tube, breech, hammer and barrel. the valve and gauge assemblies are light and the stock from the factory only weighs just over three pounds I think.

I reshaped my stock and cut out part of the stock under the comb and my .25 scoped Marauder is still right around 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 pounds with sling attached. The best way to lighten it (or at least make if feel lighter when shouldered) is to use a bull pup setup to change the balance point and bring the weight in closer to your shoulder.

I too would like a lighter stock, but the only real way they could do that would be to shape a good amount of wood from their current factory stock design. I'm in the process of reshaping and inletting a Boyd's Blaster stock that I purchased from Boyd's and once I get it done I'll weigh it and post photos so others can see what it looks like and what you can do to get a lighter stock on your Marauder Rifle. ;)

Ya gotta be Choosey about your scope selection. Some, like the 30mm variety, weigh upwards of 27 to 30 ounces. I like to keep them at 17 ounces or less.
jps2486

Postby 999 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:31 pm

I have a Mad Dogg custom stock,black with thumbhole.Very lightweight and easy to carry now.
“Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?”

Next

Return to Feedback for Crosman