I said I wouldn't but!!!!

This is the place to leave feedback for Crosman, If you leave feedback here they will see it.
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman. If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee they will reply to you or the form. I can guarantee that this form grows to a fraction of what I think it will, then it would be in Crosman’s best interest to assign an employee to watch and participate in our forum. And we invite them to do so.

I said I wouldn't but!!!!

Postby DaveShooter on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:00 pm

I love my Marauders Crosman ,and my other products that I have bought from your company ,but I just wish you sure as heck would check over your product just a little better before shipping to your customers. Yes you sure have taken care of me when I have had a problem or a product issue. I am a just a little tired of being your Quality Control as I am sure others are. Again yes you have a good product but please take more pride and just a little more time to make sure it is right before shipping it out. Or else I and others may just go else where not a threat a promise..... :| :( :x
DaveShooter

Re: I said I wouldn't but!!!!

Postby rambosky on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Need the details!

By the way..............this site is not Crosman's site.
"Never shall I fail my comrades." Vietnam Combat Vet

rambosky

Postby DaveShooter on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:12 pm

rambosky wrote:Need the details!

By the way..............this site is not Crosman's site.
I guess it is the way I got my 177 cal Mrod with the barrel band touching at 12:00 position last fall and now finally getting the right band for this rifle this past week that should of been that way from the start. I know it is mass mfg and all. I received products from crosman with the shipping boxes beat all to you know what etc. Just got a 25 Mrod replaced a week or more ago. Pisses me off to ask for an extra mag when that should of came from the start with the rifle and being made to feel as if I am a theif for asking for that when dealer was out of stock on mag, and other parts to mke their product right as it should of been from the start. Please do not take me wrong Crosman is a good company and makes a fine product and yes they have taken care of me . I just get tired of dealing with returned products . Guess I am getting too fussy in my 51 young yrs. Ha Ha I know vent it all out. Must be the heat.. :D :D
DaveShooter

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Hey Dave, I agree with you, I had a small defect in the comb but they did make good on it but like you said, why not fix it before shipping??? Your right the customer base shouldn't be your quality control department!!! What happen to the Mrod? Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby wahoowad on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Crosman was supposed to do a 'Quality Check' on a replacement gun they sent to me. I asked if they would do it, they agreed, then the gun arrives with a super-obvious dried chunk of bird shit on the barrel. Whats up with that? I know they never even removed it from the factory box.

Don't tell your customer you will do a Quality Check, then send a gun with bird shit on it.
wahoowad

Postby DaveShooter on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Supercharged86 wrote:Hey Dave, I agree with you, I had a small defect in the comb but they did make good on it but like you said, why not fix it before shipping??? Your right the customer base shouldn't be your quality control department!!! What happen to the Mrod? Steve
Steve I got another b-band for my 177 which made a world of difference and the 25 they replacd with another one i still had to get a rear plunger adj screw the one was buggared on top and another mag . I still had to adj barrel to mag fit in the breech to take out slop in that area. It is one thing or another but yet I still keep coming back for more crosman products just bought a new 4-16-40 CP-scope the other nite. I know I shouldn't b so much but what the heck if I didn't someone else would..... :D :D :D
DaveShooter

Postby Teryx on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:29 am

The quality control issue is one that bothers me too. I've had good fun with my rifles, but given what I wanted, I would not buy Crosman again. If you figure in the time and money to upgrade and quality check everything, that bargain rifle is anything but. You can get lucky, but who wants to play that game? Crosman has decided to use some cheap components like the barrels, and they have passed the cost of QC on to the customer. You can have $800 in these things before you can blink an eye, and for that you have some pretty nice rifles to choose from. Aside from that, I don't consider $400 a cheap rifle either. I sure don't expect a junk barrel.
Teryx
Teryx

Postby DaveShooter on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:48 am

Teryx wrote:The quality control issue is one that bothers me too. I've had good fun with my rifles, but given what I wanted, I would not buy Crosman again. If you figure in the time and money to upgrade and quality check everything, that bargain rifle is anything but. You can get lucky, but who wants to play that game? Crosman has decided to use some cheap components like the barrels, and they have passed the cost of QC on to the customer. You can have $800 in these things before you can blink an eye, and for that you have some pretty nice rifles to choose from. Aside from that, I don't consider $400 a cheap rifle either. I sure don't expect a junk barrel.
Teryx
That's a Big Amen!!! I shot off an email to Russ Page @ Crosman the other day in reguards to my new replaced 25 Mrod about the safety not moving as smooth or freely as my 177 or 22 cal Mrod. I ended up removing the trigger plate and lubeing the safety mech put back on cover much better now. Still haven't heard a word from Russ yet. hell maybe he is on vacation. I do not think Crosman like me much cause i always give'em heck in reguards to product and quality control issues. You know what I really do not care what they think about me, even though I have bought 5 of their pcp guns and not to mention scopes as well. I think I have earned the right to Bitch when it is due. Please do not take me wrong I didn't have to buy the products made by Crosman. For the price I really cannot bitch or complain in reguards to getting into the Pcp line of airguns...... So I just keep on buying and a bitching. Come on somebody has too...... Right........ :D :D :D
DaveShooter

Postby ssscottg on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Dave,

Oh boy, you must have got me on a bad day. But I have to jump on this thread and say Amen too.

If I added up all the barrels that I have bought and pellets that I shot testing the barrels I have at least 800 in the gun not counting the tank or the yoke.

These Marauders are nice guns at a nice price point, (i.e. look good on paper) but I really wish Crosman could deliver accurate barrels (consistantly) for the 22caliber units. OK, I would guesstimate that 80% of all the marauder units sold are 22 caliber. Because it's the best compromise for velocity, weight, FPS, shot count, etc. So please get the 22 caliber right. :P Please!

In the long run it's expensive to leave QC to your customers then take more calls in customer service. I just doesn't scale, When your production costs are coming down your customer service costs are soaring, you have to rent a new building to house all your customer service folks... In the computer business that I have been involved with my whole career the rule of thumb is that one (1) customer service call kills the profit on the unit. If we sell a computer for $1000 retail, the factory profit margin is only about $100. So each call costs about $100. And the calls are not much cheaper calling to India because it takes so long to train personnel to correctly answer the questions.

Anyway, I just can't believe that it's a viable business model to continue like this. But that's not my call.

end soapbox :lol:
ssscottg

Postby DaveShooter on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:35 pm

ssscottg wrote:Dave,

Oh boy, you must have got me on a bad day. But I have to jump on this thread and say Amen too.

If I added up all the barrels that I have bought and pellets that I shot testing the barrels I have at least 800 in the gun not counting the tank or the yoke.

These Marauders are nice guns at a nice price point, (i.e. look good on paper) but I really wish Crosman could deliver accurate barrels (consistantly) for the 22caliber units. OK, I would guesstimate that 80% of all the marauder units sold are 22 caliber. Because it's the best compromise for velocity, weight, FPS, shot count, etc. So please get the 22 caliber right. :P Please!

In the long run it's expensive to leave QC to your customers then take more calls in customer service. I just doesn't scale, When your production costs are coming down your customer service costs are soaring, you have to rent a new building to house all your customer service folks... In the computer business that I have been involved with my whole career the rule of thumb is that one (1) customer service call kills the profit on the unit. If we sell a computer for $1000 retail, the factory profit margin is only about $100. So each call costs about $100. And the calls are not much cheaper calling to India because it takes so long to train personnel to correctly answer the questions.

Anyway, I just can't believe that it's a viable business model to continue like this. But that's not my call.

end soapbox :lol:
I have to laugh no not at you guys but if we keep this up we all will be the cry babies to crosman.To be honest I really do not care what Crosman thinks.Yes they have replaced parts that I asked for and wasn't
trying to take advantage of Crosman,but quality is quality and how you treat customer base is another ball game all togeather. I mean look at toyota how much they are having to correct problems all over the place. Another thing if the product isn't made in the USA than by all means stop putting it on your product and selling it hint hint. now whom fooling whom crosman if you are looking at these posts. Again I do not care....... :D :D :D
DaveShooter

Return to Feedback for Crosman