Truth about new barrel bands?

This is the place to leave feedback for Crosman, If you leave feedback here they will see it.
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman. If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee they will reply to you or the form. I can guarantee that this form grows to a fraction of what I think it will, then it would be in Crosman’s best interest to assign an employee to watch and participate in our forum. And we invite them to do so.

Truth about new barrel bands?

Postby Tim on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Can anyone tell me the inside diameter of the new barrel bands? I just purchased a Marauder and the I.D. is .90". I'm having clearance problems. I spoke to Crosman customer service and was assured that the new barrel bands were only "thicker" for cosmetic reasons. The lady I spoke to said the inside diameter wasn't any larger on the newer bands and old versus new would have no bearing on anything but looks. I keep reading on the net that the new barrel bands have a larger inside diameter, but Crosman told me it wasn't true. Can anyone verify there is or isn't a difference?
Tim

Re: Truth about new barrel bands?

Postby Shamsher on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:15 am

Dear Tim,

I just bought a Brand new Marauder in 22 cal. My second Marauder. I too noticed the gap bitween the shroud pipe and the clamps inner diameter was much more than the previous one.

I am sure they have either changed the bands to match the .25 as well (the .25 has a slightly thicker shroud pipe) or they have a mixed lot.

A very bad quality control issue by the Crossman, the gap is almost 1/16" all over. I will now have to stick 4 small patches of foam to make the band effectively hold the shroud pipe.

Cheers!

ss
www.thegungeek.com
Shamsher

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:17 pm

Hey Guys, The barrel band is NOT suppose to touch the shroud, this is why they call it free floating. The band is only there to protect them in case the rifle falls or gets caught on something if your marching through the woods, etc. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby Masked Marauder on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Super is correct, the barrel band should have daylight around its circumference.

The new Marauders have the revised (.25cal) barrel band.

MM
Masked Marauder

Postby Tim on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:34 pm

Could someone measure their inside diameter of their new style band for me? I wonder why Crosman customer service seems to be in the dark about the bands being different sizes.
Tim

Postby DaveShooter on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Tim wrote:Could someone measure their inside diameter of their new style band for me? I wonder why Crosman customer service seems to be in the dark about the bands being different sizes.
They all seem to be in the dark Crosman that is in reguards to Quality Control.........and product issues...or concerns......
DaveShooter

Postby Tim on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:08 am

Well if someone from Crosman truly does look at this forum, perhaps they'll chime in with the correct information.
Tim

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:04 am

It's understandable why customer service wouldn't know about any changes to the barrel band, this would be more of a technical question that only a product engineer would likely know about. Be sure to check out the vid done by the Masked Marauder regarding this issue. Cheers. Steve

ps. Those looking to contact a Crosman rep here, send "Doubletough" a PM.
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby Tim on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:46 am

You'd think the company would inform those selling parts about product changes though. The lady I spoke to knew the bands had been changed, but was giving the wrong information. The company should do a better job of informing their employees or hopefully the employees will make the effort to get the facts about product changes.
Tim

Return to Feedback for Crosman