Sacramento Area Fun Shoot - Sunday April 18th

Find, organize, or promote local shooting events. Please Include the State and City in post Subject.

Sacramento Area Fun Shoot - Sunday April 18th

Postby JimC on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:15 am

Michael Taner is having another Air Gun fun shoot on Sunday April 18th at the Sacramento Valley Shooting center in Ione http://www.sacvalley.org/SacVal/Maps__Directions.html. Here is the posting he made on the yellow board.

"Fun Shoot Silhouttes out to 100 yards targets at 25 and 50 Sun day April 18th at Sac Valley Shooting Center. Start time 9:00 till the last pellet drops. Fee us 12.00. Michael"

We should use this as an opportunity for all the forum members in the area to get together for a fun day. I met Michael at the range last weekend and he is a great person and a dedicated shooter (both air and powder.) Michael has reserved the Silhouette Range for our use so we should have the range all to ourselves. I am going to bring all my air rifles so even if you are waiting for you rifle to arrive or just thinking about getting into air gunning, come on out, as I'm sure threre will be more than enough hardware to go around.

sacshooter attended one of these events last year and will probably add some more information about the event.

Hope to see some of you there.
Jim in Sacramento
JimC

Re: Sacramento Area Fun Shoot - Sunday April 18th

Postby Supercharged86 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Hey Jim, Sounds like a great opportunity for the Mrods to get together. I'll have to see about trying to get something setup in New England. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby sacshooter on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:00 am

Jim, Thanks for posting this.

I got a phone from Michael call asking me to show up and bring everything I got.
Unfortunately this date conflicts with a fishing event at the duck club I belong to… :(

Sorry duck club, It looks like I’m playing with airguns on that day :D

Besides Jim, who else wants to go?

It is on the silhouette range, with lots of small steel animal targets at various ranges 25 meters, 50 meters, 75 meters, and 100 meters.

I have attended this before great group of guys, I had one spot for me when I was trying to hit a target out past 200 yards! This time I’ll bring some bigger targets!

I’ll also bring my shaving cream target, and some of my other homemade targets for us to shoot at

Last time I went it was lots of fun with a good turnout.
I’ll defiantly bring the Marauder, talon, s410, and lots of pellets and air.

If you are planning on attending please reply to this post and let us know.
Roger

P.S I also have a co2 pistol, Crosman 1100 co2 shotgun if you will be attending and want to play with them let me know and I’ll drag them along.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby ectomorph 1 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:50 am

Good Morning Jim.
Thanks for putting this up. I am only about an hour and a half from there, so am definitely going. I am really looking forward to meeting other airgunners. As of yet, I don't have a marauder to bring. (The one I ordered is being upgraded by Greg Davis.) This will be a great opportunity to share ideas, and learn a lot.

So, how will we recognize each other, from this forum, when we are down there? Gary
ectomorph 1

Postby JimC on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Gary,

From what I understand these events do not draw hundreds of people :lol:, so there is a pretty good possibilty you will meet every one who attends.

Also I would look for Marauder shooters, that would be a good place to start :mrgreen:. I have a feeling you will get an oppotunity to shoot a few Marauders before the day is over I look forward to seeing you there.

Jim In Sacramento
JimC

Postby Ben cook on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:37 am

All right Now, the East coast will wait for the full report of this event, Hope it goes well and plenty of good info is generated and shared.
Ben
From Stafford Virginia.
Ben cook

Postby ssscottg on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm

Yep, I will work it into the schedule. I am looking forward to meeting the Sac Mrods. :lol:

Scott
ssscottg

Postby Masked Marauder on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:37 pm

I put it on my calender.

MM
Masked Marauder

Postby sacshooter on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:08 pm

ectomorph 1 wrote:Good Morning Jim.
Thanks for putting this up. I am only about an hour and a half from there, so am definitely going. I am really looking forward to meeting other airgunners. As of yet, I don't have a marauder to bring. (The one I ordered is being upgraded by Greg Davis.) This will be a great opportunity to share ideas, and learn a lot.

So, how will we recognize each other, from this forum, when we are down there? Gary

I'll be brining 3 pcp’s so you will have something to shoot ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby sacshooter on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:37 pm

So it looks like 5 of us will be attending, sweet!

Anyone else?
Gary, you get first dibs on shooting my Marauder, if you want.
The next person from this forum that doesn’t have a marauder yet can shoot the .22 Talon SS

Thanks to all who have shown interest in the event. I can’t guarantee anything, but since we have 5 of us attending the event, I need to step it up.

Tomorrow I’ll start trying to call Crossman and see if they want to sponsor us with some hats or something to wear at the shoot, it is worth a try right?

I know we aren’t the A-team, but is the M-Team taken?

I’ll even ask if they can send us a .25 to play with. I’d like to see how hard the .25 can smack the steel knock over animal targets, and I’m sure the shooters from the Yellow who will also be attending would be interested in seeing /shooting the .25 as well.
So I’ll ask, but let’s not hold our breath.

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Next

Return to Local Airgun Clubs, Fun shoots, and Events