PRETTY DARN NICE

If you were able to be one of the lucky people who were able to get a code tell us here.

PRETTY DARN NICE

Postby huffelfingre on Mon May 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Got my Marauder today, good old # 67, I looked at it very close, and I don't think I missed anything. What a beauty!!!! Wood is perfection, finish is very nice. Nothing loose not a single thing that I would consider anything but as close to perfection as the manufacturer had intended. Now I am not crazy about the plastic clip, but I already have 500 shots through the silly thing, and it does work. I placed a Leapers 3x9 scope on it with the low profile mounts. It fit perfect. I placed a piece of 1/2 inch plywood at 35 yards with a few small red dots to site it in. Within 30 shots I was hitting the mark every time, and the Diabolo Exact heavy pellets went clear through the wood! Now through all this I have starlings all over the place not even paying any attention to what I am doing. With the Discovery one shot and they would all scram.
The marauder in 177 is so quiet that one would think it isn't working. funny how we relate the pop from our shot to power. This thing is so quiet that pulling the bolt back creates more noise than the shot. Listen to the Crosman video, the little click you hear before you hear it hitting the target is all you hear.
I have now shot 30 or more starlings, they haven't figured out what is going on yet. This is too cool !
I am filling mine from a scuba tank, and I need to fill it at about 35 shots and it starts pooping out. So my rule with this gun is every 3rd clip fill it ! Now for us single shot and reload that is a lot of shooting, but with this thing 30 shots is about a minute or two. So a lot of refilling. With my scuba tank, that is absolutely no problem , but if I had to pump it well lets just say, NO WAY !
I am going to get some velocity tests tomorrow, I hope.
As far as accuracy from 30 yards to 60 yards it has performed better than I could have ever hoped for !!!!!! Hole in hole accuracy. Well I would say more but I got Starlings to kill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wayne,
from Sherman Island California
huffelfingre

Return to First 100 Owners Club