Marauder number 002

If you were able to be one of the lucky people who were able to get a code tell us here.

Marauder number 002

Postby johnnyi on Thu May 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Well I quickly got her all setup and ran some 15.9 JSB's down the pipe. I'm so impressed with this gun. The accuracy, the quietness and the overall experience to purchase it. I wish Crosman the best success with this line. I look forward to seeing more from them. I think this gun is going to spring board them for more success and continued growth in the market. Also with the nice offering with the extra Mags for a good price. Way to go Crosman! :mrgreen:

johnnyi

Re: Marauder number 002

Postby sacshooter on Fri May 22, 2009 6:26 pm

That stock looks great!

Can you please post some groups with the 15.9 JSB's

thanks

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby johnnyi on Fri May 22, 2009 8:28 pm

groups. I shot these from only 20 yards on patio table and caldwell bags

johnnyi

Postby sacshooter on Fri May 22, 2009 9:46 pm

At 20 yards they are great groups :shock:

This proves, that gun will be a very good, if not great shooter!

002 looks like a keeper :D

I'd keep the box to...

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby Chris Chow on Sat May 23, 2009 1:53 am

Ah 20 yards is nothing.
This gun will surprise you at 40 and 50 yards. I'm hoping to make some time and go to a shooting range at the end of the month.
Unfortunately, my backyard is at most 30 yards along one side of my house. There is a very good shooter named Paul Cray that made very similar groups at 50 yards!
TalonSS in 22 cal
SigSauer 226 in 357Sig
Mac1 USFT Hunter #34 in 22 cal
RWS45 and 34 in 177
Marauder#0026 in 22 cal
Chris Chow

Postby sacshooter on Sat May 23, 2009 7:21 am

20 yards is perfect, to see if a gun has the ability to shoot well. 20 yards is also a good range to quickly test different pellets with a gun to see which ones it likes. Once I get that far, I move the target back to 50. I shot and posted a few groups I shot with my S410 on the talon forum http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7011&highlight=

I can't wait to get my hands on a .22 Marauder and see what I can do with it at 20, 50 and 100yards (if I do my part ;) .)

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby Rolls-Royce on Sat May 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Hey, johnnyi, nice groups! I believe I've seen that type of target somewhere online, and I can't remember where for the life of me. Do you mind telling us where you got it?

Thanks!

Nevermind, sir. I found it just a moment ago, and am printing some as we speak. :D
Rolls-Royce

Postby johnnyi on Sat May 23, 2009 9:20 pm

Yes I like those targets. I also like the 25 target face on too. That one is good to spread out the wear of your target...
johnnyi

Postby johnnyi on Sat May 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Today I grabbed all of the .22 ammo that I had and setup on my back patio. I'm only shooting at 20 yards on a basic patio table with a set of Caldwell sandbags. My yard has an 6 foot pickett fence on the north side and a short 4 foot fence on the south side. Today the wind was swirling. Even though I was somewhat protected, I could feel the wind and see the effects in my scope.

I'm no expert for pellet testing... I did this for my own knowleged to learn which flavor the Marauder liked best. I wanted to share and see if others were getting similar results. I refilled to 2500PSI for Every pellet starting point to try to keep it as even as possible. I shot each group 5 shots and 4 groups total. Except for those obvious ones that we getting less than ideal results.

First up shooting all of the JSB Flavors. JSB 14.3, 15.9 and 18's Before I realized what I wanted to do I accidently shot a couple of targets with the beeman FTS on this first target. I shot the 14.3's previously and was still seeing the same results so I stopped those testing.

Next was the Beemans. FTS again since they were kind of showing some groups. CrowMags and the Kodiaks.

Last was the RWS Superdomes. They were ugly so I only did two groupings. I then started shooting the Predators. They were ok. I just go tired of loading them one at a time. The wind calmed down a little so I had to grab the JSB 15.9's again to shoot 3 more 5 shot groups...

johnnyi

Postby sacshooter on Sat May 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Rolls-Royce wrote:Hey, johnnyi, nice groups! I believe I've seen that type of target somewhere online, and I can't remember where for the life of me. Do you mind telling us where you got it?

Thanks!

Nevermind, sir. I found it just a moment ago, and am printing some as we speak. :D

I like them to..

here is a link to some

http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/airguns/targets/index.html

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Next

Return to First 100 Owners Club