Comb height to low?

This is the place to leave feedback for Crosman, If you leave feedback here they will see it.
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman. If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee they will reply to you or the form. I can guarantee that this form grows to a fraction of what I think it will, then it would be in Crosman’s best interest to assign an employee to watch and participate in our forum. And we invite them to do so.

Comb height to low?

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:59 pm

For some reason Crosman continues to overlook the need for a higher comb height on the Mrod stock. I don't know about the rest of you but when I shoulder this gun either off-hand or on a bench, my line of sight with a proper cheek weld is right down the top of the breech. This would be relatively good if we were using iron sights, not a 56mm scope with a set of high rings. Even if you were using the lowest set of rings possible I still think the line of sight would be to low. It's for this reason I've been looking at aftermarket comb risers to help fix the problem. Any thoughts? Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Re: Comb height to low?

Postby Masked Marauder on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:08 pm

Hey SC, A 56mm objective scope is a monster of a scope, the Mt. Palomar telescope is just a wee bit bigger, you can probably see Roger and me from where you live, just pullin' your leg.

Three options on getting your rifle to fit your face:

1. Cut your comb and add adjustable comb hardware.

2. Duct tape on some sort of carvable material, such as styrofoam. Looks funky, can move around on you, but it's cheap and will let you experiment without trashing your stock.

3. Cut your comb off, epoxy on a wood spacer and then epoxy your comb back on. Caution: a lot of fitting and use of autobody filler, sanding and painting will be necessary for a finished look. Not for the timid, but you can customize to your hearts content. Guys do this all the time, if you would like to see a finished example I can post a photo of one of my shotguns that has been through the MM treatment.

So, what's your flavor?

MM
Masked Marauder

Postby Supercharged86 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:49 am

Hey MM, I know the 56mm might be overkill, but I like it. Even though I'm not a carpenter I would be up for option 1 and 3, the question becomes can I get the necessary height with a product like Graco. If you have some pictures of option 3, I would love to see them, thanks. I've also considered option 2 with something like a Accu-Riser product. Thanks. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby rambosky on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:59 pm

I bought this butt pack years ago from one of the following companies. Eagle Industries, Brownells, Triad Tactical, or ......

You can also get it without the shell holder.

I have closed cell foam underneath to give me a better cheek weld. It also holds a couple of mags, a tin of pellets, band aides, my blood pressure meds.

"Never shall I fail my comrades." Vietnam Combat Vet

rambosky

Postby Masked Marauder on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:39 pm

OK SC, here's a quick video using Roger's new phone concerning stock mods. This is a test video and Roger isn't up to speed yet with the new video features so the quality isn't all it could be, but here it is any way.

All things considered an adjustable comb may be the way to go because you can reset your adjustments if you get a different scope one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl5dGiHg ... re=channel

MM
Masked Marauder

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Masked Marauder wrote:OK SC, here's a quick video using Roger's new phone concerning stock mods. This is a test video and Roger isn't up to speed yet with the new video features so the quality isn't all it could be, but here it is any way.

All things considered an adjustable comb may be the way to go because you can reset your adjustments if you get a different scope one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl5dGiHg ... re=channel

MM

Hey MM, Thanks my friend, appreciate the personalized video :D . I really like the Graco style adjustable hardware. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby GoPostal on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:14 am

Here's step by step on how to jack up your Mrod Comb with cheap parts.

http://www.waveform.eclipse.co.uk/WEB%20PAGES/TARGET%20SHOOTING/Cheek%20Piece.htm
Marauder - .22 - Leaper's 3x12-44 with 100mm Sidewheel
Beater Crosman Mark-1

GoPostal

Postby Supercharged86 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:27 am

GoPostal wrote:Here's step by step on how to jack up your Mrod Comb with cheap parts.

http://www.waveform.eclipse.co.uk/WEB%20PAGES/TARGET%20SHOOTING/Cheek%20Piece.htm

GoPostal, Thanks for the great link. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Return to Feedback for Crosman