Marauder #10

If you were able to be one of the lucky people who were able to get a code tell us here.

Marauder #10

Postby EdinAthens on Mon May 25, 2009 11:01 am

Well, this has been an interesting experience thus far...
This is my first air rifle. I've read forums and studied product sites and reviews now for 9 months prior to this purchase. I decided upon the Marauder based on it's price and my willingness to spend this amount of money for my first air rifle instead of buying a much more expensive air rifle. I live in a densely populated subdivision, so having a "quiet" gun to shoot off the deck and not have the neighbors notice was important and I felt the Marauder was the perfect gun for me.

The gun arrived on May 19th and it is serial number 10. Looked nice, lighter than I expected. Had a small scratch on the air reservoir and the barrel was skewed to the right of the stock. Looks like the foam holding the barrel tip was not put in the box correctly and it moved the barrel over in shipping. Got it straightened out easily enough and then placed an order to Pyramydair for pellets and a scuba tank adapter. Those items arrived, I mounted my scope and at my first attempt to load the clip the internal spring broke in the clip and it would not advance to the next pellet.

I contacted Crosman via email about the clip and Sue replied back quickly. She sent a new clip out and I finally had everything I needed to fire the gun with multiple shots in quick succession on Friday May 22nd.

I headed out to my shooting spot and setup my target at 30 yards to align my scope. I fired one complete clip (10 shots), reloaded the clip, inserted into the receiver and cocked the gun. Pulled the trigger and it had no resistance. Trigger swings freely back and forth when the safety is off. I've tried to re-cock, I've taken the stock off to see if anything appears broken in the trigger mechanism but I can't tell. The gun is pressurized to 2200psi and I can't get the depressure tool into the rear of the gun far enough to thread to release the air.

I've contacted Sue again at Crosman about sending the gun back for repair, but I'm assuming they are closed for Memorial Day.

So far, I'm not impressed.
EdinAthens

Re: Marauder #10

Postby huffelfingre on Mon May 25, 2009 1:04 pm

You may want to contact the technical staff at Crosman, this staff can probably walk you through the repair, or maybe just an adjustment? It would sure be better than sending it back, and playing the waiting game. Russ helped me, and I feel that I learned a lot. It sure would be a shame to send it back if it was just a turn of a screw?
Wayne
huffelfingre

Postby kgatwork on Mon May 25, 2009 2:27 pm

When you say swing back and forth as in no spring pressure on the trigger at all? Or is there some load? if there some load, sometimes I don't cock the bolt far enough back and what happens is the pellet gets loaded but the trigger mechanism is not ready to fire. If that happens, what I do is make sure I pull the bolt all the way back until it stops this arms the hammer readying it to file, remove the clip so it doesn't load another pellet and the push the bolt back and fire. If there's no pressure at all on the trigger then call Crosman as I have no idea what could be wrong.

Hope this helps.
kgatwork

Postby EdinAthens on Mon May 25, 2009 2:39 pm

The trigger swings freely back and forth with no effort needed at all. I think it may be a valve issue though. When I pull the bolt all the way back, it has a different sounding "click" than it did before.

Any ideas as to why I can't get the depressure tool to go in? It needs to insert another 1/4 inch for the threads to meet.
EdinAthens

Postby huffelfingre on Mon May 25, 2009 3:46 pm

I am sure you already know this, but make sure there are no pellets in the barrel before you try to degass the thing, or it will fire.. it dumps the air through the barrel . I learned the hard way.............
Wayne
huffelfingre

Postby EdinAthens on Tue May 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Update - May 26, 2009

I spoke with Ed and Russ at Crosman, they talked me through several steps which didn't work. Last attempt was to remove the 3 allen screws that hold the trigger pack to the gun. Once I loosened the third screw, the gun fired, releasing the cylinder to normal position. I was then able to insert the depressure tool to release the gas.

It appears that one of the levers inside the trigger pack broke. They offered to overnight a new trigger pack, but I asked instead to return the rifle and have them inspect and repair the gun. They are sending a return label for shipping back to Crosman. They expect a week turnaround.

They were very apologetic for the situation and offered some pellets. I asked for some extra clips. We'll see what comes back with the gun.

I'm disappointed about the issue, but pleased that the folks at Crosman seem to care about their client base and are working to resolve the problem.

I'll keep you posted.
EdinAthens

Postby EdinAthens on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:15 pm

Marauder #10 arrived back to me today. I sent it out last Friday to Crosman, so six days to get it fixed and returned was acceptable to me.
Russ inspected the trigger and confirmed that the trigger itself was not broken but the link the trigger pushes against was. I'm not sure if he repaired it or installed a new trigger pack, but it is working now.
I did receive another pellet clip - which was nice.

So if the folks at Crosman and watching this forum - thanks Ed & Russ - I really appreciate your help and assistance.
EdinAthens

Postby loushu on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:17 pm

I had exactly the same issue - after firing a clip and uncoking the rifle the trigger would dangle with no resistance. Exactly the same part broke (link between trigger and sear). I contacted Crosman for a replacement part and still waiting for them to ship it. Looks like the link breaks in it's weakest spot and could be a design flaw. Hopefully Crosman ppl will take a closer look at this part's design.
loushu

Postby EdinAthens on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:39 am

Update - June 27th, 2009

Since receiving the gun back from Crosman, I've gone through three tins of the Benjamin Discovery .22 Cal, 14.3 Grains, Hollowpoint, 500ct and the gun has performed flawlessly. I usually fill to around 2600psi with my scuba tank and I've been having a blast turning some old concrete cinderblock to dust.

With every shot I am amazed at how quiet the gun is.

Having this gun makes me want to shoot more and more. It is pinpoint accurate and just a joy with every trigger pull.

Do yourself a favor and get one. You'll not regret one shot.
EdinAthens

Return to First 100 Owners Club