2nd impression - 22 Marauder

Submit your Marauder air rifle reviews here, or share links to other reviews you have found on the web.

2nd impression - 22 Marauder

Postby bboydtx » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:45 pm

I have had my gun a little over a week and I am having a blast now that I have the suba set up. Pumping this thing with the Ben hand pump sucks. I am still using the factory settings. I am on my first fill from the scuba tank. Filled to 2500# and after 20 shots It is at 2000# using 14.3 gr. Ben HP which is what PA used when checking the gun (10 for $10 test) The tape they sent me was 925 fps for first shot and 881 fps for the 10th. From what I have read in reviews that sounds a little high but I am happy and will not change the settings for now. I am getting 3/8" groups at 56' indoors. I have shot birds at 50+ yards with no hold over. I have a bunch of expensive German rifles that will be gathering dust. Tip--I have a shooting stick. the V unscrews and will screw on a camera tripod. It makes a great shooting rest. I have a long and a short bipod and this set-up works as good as the long one for shooting from the sitting position and I don't have to remove the bipod to put it in my safe. When recooped financially I will get a Chrno. and maybe a limanated thumbhole stock. I am loving the accuracy,power,multi shot without cocking a break barrel and especially the quiteness for backyard shooting. I can't wait to take it small game hunting. If I restock it I will try to post pictures.
bboydtx

Return to Marauder Reviews