Retired from Texas

Welcome to The Marauder forum; please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Retired from Texas

Postby texascop47 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:54 pm

I just retired and loving to shoot ordered a Marauder 22 cal for paper and things that want to eat everything in my garden. I am in the middle of no were with open land and woods all around. My nearest neighbor is over a mile away but didn't want to use a high power rifle. I have 4 springers but wanted a PCP. The Marauder fits that bill perfect. It will be in my hands in just 2 days.
texascop47

Retired from Texas

Postby ShawnHu » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Hope your .22 will be as accurate as you hoped.
ShawnHu

Re: Retired from Texas

Postby NeuRon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:13 am

If it isn't, trade it in on a .25. You have the room for it and the little added noise shouldn't be an issue for you.

And welcome to the forum!
Prod (tuned by Paul B., LW barrel, RB grips, ACE Folding stock, camo, TKO & JG brakes)
Sold: .22 Mrod "The Toad" (tuned by Paul B., 18" LW barrel, Toad-A-Flage camo)
Sold: .25 TT Mrod w/ reservoir and shroud extensions

NeuRon

Postby RayK » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 pm

How are you going to fill it with air?

4500 psi SCBA is about the best. Also having your own compressor is even better.

Hand pumping is only good for the 177 or light shooting.

Scuba really doesn't work well because the 3000 psi max tank pressure is too low to get many fills.

6000 psi nitrogen works well for some.

Ray
25 M-rod, 25 M-rod @ Citrus Airguns bullpup, 22 Citrus ReBuilt M-rod, 177 M-rod, new 22 P-rod
RayK

Postby BadBob86 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Congrats on your new purchase! I guarantee those springers of yours will be up for sale in no time at all...

+1 for the .25 if accuracy fails. Hits like a brick, stupid acuurate.

I would 2nd the thoughts of others on the virtues of 4500psi SCBA, damn hard to beat, light-weight, ability to tether for "infinite" shots, etc. The hand pump is a lost cause unless you have a strong back and the desire for alternative forms of exercise .

If finding a place to fill one proves difficult in your area, I would definitely recommend a 6000psi nitrogen setup and Guppy tank from Joe Brancato. IMHO it's the best route period if you have the funds. It's like having a nearly unlimited supply of clean, dry air on tap ready for use at a moments notice. No messing around with multiple noisy compressors that require periodic maintenance and rebuilds, no waiting hours for a fill, no desiccant fIlters or worry of water in your air, etc. Do yourself a favor and skip that hassle. They can be sourced fairly easily from local welding supply companies, just shop around for the best price and have them deliver one to your doorstep, then shoot as much as your heart desires!
Talon Tunes .25 MROD - Reservoir & Shroud Extensions
Teryx Stock - Magpul PRS, MIAD Grip, & MOE RVG
Hawke Sidewinder Tac. 6.5-20x42
Atlas Bipod & Accu-Shot Monopod
Clague C.F. Stripper ;)

Just one last plunge down the rabbit hole...
BadBob86

Return to Introduction, Welcome & Greetings