Settings won't stay put.

The Benjamin Marauder air rifle can be tuned. You can adjust the trigger and the rifles velocities for different fill pressures.

Re: Settings won't stay put.

Postby avv604 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:42 pm

pb177 wrote:Jared,
I’ve had that problem before. While the hammer stroke was OK, the hammer tension screw bothered me. I also considered using Teflon tape or dental floss wrapped around a thread or two. Like you, I figured Locktite crumbs might find it’s way into the gun, and it really was not a fix for the problem.
The problem, at least on my Marauder, was the contact between the hammer spring and the adjuster screw. There was a small burr that was causing it to hang up. I sanded and polished the two surfaces until they spun smooth and free, then moly lubed them and reassembled.
I haven’t had a problem since, and turning the adjuster screw is very smooth now.
That may be the cause of your problem too.
If you are comfortable enough to open up your rifle, I suggest you give that a try before you apply anything to your threads, as it may not be necessary.
Best of luck,
Paul

You are not making adjustments every time you shoot, are you? One should make the adjustments, verify all is good, then green lock-tite the hammer spring screw. Not lock it down and then try to make adjustments.
Blessings,
Jeff
avv604

Postby pb177 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Jeff,
Except for the scope, I don’t adjust anything when I shoot. All my tuning is done in a shop using a Chrony.
All my adjustments are recorded so that I know what worked and by how much.
Regards,
Paul
pb177

Postby Lammy1000 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:51 pm

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/me ... ifficult...

I just did this. Fun job, but works only for stopping the stroke...not the hammer adjust. Thanks Jeff for this step by step.
Lammy1000

Postby Lammy1000 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:36 am

Regardless off how much I tightened screw , part #42 the hammer stroke adjustment bolt (striker, part #41) drifted full counterclockwise, resulting in being forced to reduce hammer energy to compensate. I had to put a piece of tygon tubing on the striker, part #41, which is ~.23" long/.25" id. This short piece of tubing fits between striker face and the hammer, part #40 ensuring the hammer stroke/energy does not change. This does prevent further adjustment without disassembly.
Lammy1000

Previous

Return to Marauder Tuning and Adjusting