TRIGGER WEIGHT?

The Benjamin Marauder air rifle can be tuned. You can adjust the trigger and the rifles velocities for different fill pressures.

TRIGGER WEIGHT?

Postby Supercharged86 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:28 am

Hey Guys, Has anyone measured their trigger weight? Well, I did some testing and this is what I found. These measurements are from factory settings except for trigger adjustment "A", using a Lyman digital pull gauge.

clockwise 1 turn= 2 lbs 10 oz. (this is full clockwise in, bottoms out)
Factory settings O turns= 2 lbs. 08 oz.
counterclockwise 1 turn= 1 lb. 10 oz.
counterclockwise 1.5 turns= 1lb. 08 oz.
counterclockwise 2 turns= 1lb. 05 oz.
counterclockwise 2.5 turns= 1lb. 02 oz. (at this point the adjustment setscrew is fairly loose, nearly falling out)

I have mine set at the 2.5 turns out, still has a nice discernible two-stage with crisp break but a noticeable lighter pull. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Re: TRIGGER WEIGHT?

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Hey Guys, Just as a comparison, 21Grains (Franky) was over today, he was having problems with the gun not firing and couldn't get it to degass. So after we spent a few hours looking and talking it over we were finally able to get it going again, likewise, his degassing tool needed a little modification to get it to work. Franky's .22 is one from the pre "attorney" era (September 08) which came through without the added torsion link spring. So for shit's and giggles we ran the Lyman pull gauge on it and with the factory settings it came in at a near consistent pull of 1lb 14oz. So compare this to the later models which roll in at 2.5 lbs. Because Franky really likes the trigger pull as it sits we didn't mess with adjustment "A", however, I'm sure with a few turns off of "A" would of likely resulted in sub-pound weights. :D Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby 21grains on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Thank's Steve for all the help fix'n My Marauder today.Steve can adjust a Marauder power and fill settings with His eyes closed. The trigger is pissa the way it came 1lb 14oz again and again.Maby I'll be back in the 240s now.Need to fill to 3k on gun gauge (3200 realy) to get 30 shots @ around 32-33 flb w/Baracuda's 5.52.....Franky
21grains

Postby Supercharged86 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Your welcome Franky, glad I could help and glad to see she's working again. Steve

ps. Have you guys ever heard a nearly silent DISCO, I did yesterday! I swear it was quieter than the Mrod, nice good on the comp'd DISCO Franky! ;)
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Return to Marauder Tuning and Adjusting