moisture in air reservoir?

Submit your Marauder air rifle reviews here, or share links to other reviews you have found on the web.

moisture in air reservoir?

Postby pb95 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi, I am concerned about using a benjamin hand pump to fill my marauder. I am afraid it allows moisture into the reservoir, which may cause the inside to rust. Is it okay to use a handpump, or do i need to invest in a scuba tank?
"Shoot for the best but prepare for the worst."
pb95

Re: moisture in air reservoir?

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Pb95, Unfortunately, moisture is a by-product of heat, which is generated with the pumping action of these hand pumps. However, I believe you can avoid a large percentage of the moisture if the pumping action is done slowly, trying to maintain a cool pump if possible. Furthermore, a Hill brand pump has a built in moisture filter to help alleviate this problem were as the Benji one I believe doesn't. All in all, I think you'll be happier going the SCBA/SCUBA route if you don't mind the added expense and have a place to fill them. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Re: moisture in air reservoir?

Postby Roger on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Steve is right the Benji pump does not have a moisture filter. I talked to Duane Sorensen of Sun Optics in Nov. and he told me that a dry pack filter was coming in Jan. for the Benji. I sent him an e-mail a week ago and he hopes to have it available some time next month the cost will be around $25.

It is always good to have a hand pump around for a back up no matter what you are using for an air source.

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Return to Marauder Reviews