I would pay $1K for a Crosman PCP if...

This is the place to leave feedback for Crosman, If you leave feedback here they will see it.
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman. If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee they will reply to you or the form. I can guarantee that this form grows to a fraction of what I think it will, then it would be in Crosman’s best interest to assign an employee to watch and participate in our forum. And we invite them to do so.

I would pay $1K for a Crosman PCP if...

Postby hi-vel on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 pm

it would perform as well as the FX or Air Arms I have been shooting. My priorities are 1-Accuracy, 2- Fit & Finish of metal & stock, 3-Stock design- am I the only one who wants a 'Classic style' lighter stock? Even if it was initially a 'Custom Shop' item, I would love a slimmed down stock, out of ' whatever material '. You don't have to re-invent the wheel, sub it out to Remington or Ruger to see if it is a viable option. If you want the full treatment, find a "Classic Bolt Action' stockmaker and have him make a pattern...

Crosman is doing an exceptional job in the last few years and I look forward to continued innovation- I love my .25 Marauder, but know from talking to several smith's there is room to grow.

Crosman- give me a reason to spend my money on American Made AND the Best!
hi-vel

Re: I would pay $1K for a Crosman PCP if...

Postby Lammy1000 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:24 am

I would pay $500 for a powerfull air rifle that shoots 0.75" groups at 58 yards and is well built. It would have to be quieter than most of the overpriced euroguns and come with great customer service / readily available parts.
A nice beech stock that even a novice woodworker could modify would be nice.

Oh yeah, that's why I bought the Marauder.
Lammy1000

Postby hi-vel on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:26 am

Crosman makes a good product, that the reason I already own a Marauder .25. Its' performance compared to my 'overpriced European' PCPs is the reason I sent it off for a $250 tuneup... Would Crosman have liked to have that $750 for an even better performing rifle(thus requiring extra labor and possibly different parts) and would they make money at it?

The real questions are if Crosman can make a product that has the highest performance in an upscale class and if they have enough market to support it. I am voicing that I am willing to put my money where my mouth is and purchase such a product (which I already demonstrated by buying an AirArms).

The Marauder is an excellent entry level PCP. Now- is it worth making something better?

In closing, remember 'good enough' is the enemy of 'the best made'. ;)
hi-vel

Postby DaveShooter on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 am

Unless it was gold plated with all the bells and whistles on it. The new price of the Rogue talks at the table at the shotshow is gonna be 1500.00 is what J-Chapman quoted Jim says won't know til this May2011 what price will really be when Crosman starts production of the new big-boar. Still too rich for my blood and bank account. :D
DaveShooter

Postby jlands on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:53 pm

hi-vel wrote:The real questions are if Crosman can make a product that has the highest performance in an upscale class and if they have enough market to support it. I am voicing that I am willing to put my money where my mouth is and purchase such a product (which I already demonstrated by buying an AirArms).

i really agree with you. i love my marauder but still feel like i want something with a little more finesse. when i got my marauder i was torn between it and the evanix blizzard/rainstorm or air arms s410. why i chose marauder..... American company with great customer service and availability of parts. if crosman made the blizzard, rainstorm and marauder, i would have the blizzard or the rainstorm today. if they made the s410, no question i would have that. on the other hand, if not for the marauder, i probably wouldn't have a pcp today. :) i can't afford to pay a lot on rifles, but i wish crosman could compete with higher end guns on "their" level. then again, the rouge is out and the future of crosman looks pretty darn good.

jared
I believe in gun control as long as I am the one controlling it. :)
jlands

Postby Roger on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:25 pm

With all the hype around the new crosman Rouge, high velocity, big bore, and silent, lets hope that they do not wake-up the sleeping giant of gun control. We have been lucky in the air gun world for awhile. Some countries can not own an air gun that shoots more than 12fpe without a permit. Do not hold me to the 12fpe in stone, but it is something like that. I am sure we will see it coming befor it happens.

Just something to think about.

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:43 pm

It's too bad that Crosman doesn't do a Custom shop version of their Mrod series. Perhaps offer that elusive L-W barrel at a nominal charge. I'm sure we'd all jump at that opportunity if given the chance.... It probably wouldn't take much to do and wouldn't take them out of their current market niche, which they have now so successfully filled. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby DaveShooter on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Roger and Steve you both got some great points in what you say. I too worry about folks getting us into more of a bind with more gun control issues than what is already on all our tables at present. Again the big boar mkt would and will take more states Game or wildlife folks get on board for a deer hunting season with air power guns or rifles. I guess we all will have to wait and see what the future holds for us all hopefully some good and not bad.... :D
DaveShooter

Postby hi-vel on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Thank you one and all, I think this has been a good subject. I can only hope Crosman is truly monitoring this site and we may indeed see some response. An insight to Crosman's inclinations would be greatly appreciated... How about it Crosman? :idea:

Cheers to all and thank you.

Cliff B.
hi-vel

Postby sacshooter on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:06 pm

if you could charge the tube on the gun anywhere from 3000 to 4500psi. Assuming it has a regulator or better yet an epcp with a pressure sensor, I realize that it would take a hard hit to open the valve on a airtube with 4500 psi. But Imagine for a moment just how many shots you could get on a single fill. :shock:

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Next

Return to Feedback for Crosman