P-rod modded for power

All stuff related to the .22 Benjamin Marauder Pistol by Crosman

Re: P-rod modded for power

Postby miksatx » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:25 pm

screwwork wrote:It's a single tube Prod, I just opened up the valve, transfer port & barrel a bit.
I'm using 0.3 x 0.045 x 1.5 spring now with less spring binding.

That's a strong ass spring ya got going on there screwwork. That's the same spring the guy at HiPac sends out as a 3kpsi upgrade. Heck I can't cock it in any my 22xx based guns with that spring installed. Never tried one in my prod yet. I'm good with the .3x.041x 1.5 in all my air guns. I took my tranfer port out to 1/8" that juiced it up enough for the back yard.
miksatx

Postby screwwork » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:39 pm

miksatx wrote:
screwwork wrote:It's a single tube Prod, I just opened up the valve, transfer port & barrel a bit.

That's a strong ass spring ya got going on there screwwork. That's the same spring the guy at HiPac sends out as a 3kpsi upgrade. Heck I can't cock it in any my 22xx based guns with that spring installed. Never tried one in my prod yet. I'm good with the .3x.041x 1.5 in all my air guns. I took my tranfer port out to 1/8" that juiced it up enough for the back yard.

Thx for the info milksatx :D
Your right, I was looking at what I did to get to 25 Plus fpe and not thinking about 20 fpe as Invisible Hand was referring to.
screwwork

Postby Invisible Hand » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:16 pm

That's awesome man. How did you go about opening up the barrel? What does it accomplish?

Thanks!

-Jared
Invisible Hand

Postby screwwork » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:28 pm

A 12FPE Prod is quiet with plus great shot count, that rocks and you can shoot the heck out of Rabbits, Ground Squirrels, Birds and targets.
Here is a good place to start by just changing the transfer ports size and how it effects the Prod's performance..

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... +Diameters

There is a lot you can do without opening the barrel port, if you want to open up your barrel go over to Wicked Air Rifle site and see the instructions for installing the WAR valve. Travis goes over enlarging the barrel port. Go slow when enlarging the valve exhaust port, transfer port, barrel port and using a 0.042 to 0.045 x 0.3 x 1.5" hammer spring enables the air to flow more freely through the valve when you pull the trigger giving you a lot more FPE/FPS at a cost of lower shot counts and louder report. It will not be backyard friendly anymore too if that matters to you. Record everything you do and shoot a lot of rounds over your crony to record the changes. I didn't keep good enough records of my changes I made to my Prod.
If you open up your barrel port be sure to debur it well, I didn't debur mine well enough and my accuracy suffered. So I had to go back and clean up my barrel port again.
Use a small enough grinding stone to get and clean it up very good. Load some pellet in it and push it through the barrel and check to see the pellet doesn't show damage.
screwwork

Postby Invisible Hand » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:27 pm

screwwork wrote:A 12FPE Prod is quiet with plus great shot count, that rocks and you can shoot the heck out of Rabbits, Ground Squirrels, Birds and targets.
Here is a good place to start by just changing the transfer ports size and how it effects the Prod's performance..

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... +Diameters

There is a lot you can do without opening the barrel port, if you want to open up your barrel go over to Wicked Air Rifle site and see the instructions for installing the WAR valve. Travis goes over enlarging the barrel port. Go slow when enlarging the valve exhaust port, transfer port, barrel port and using a 0.042 to 0.045 x 0.3 x 1.5" hammer spring enables the air to flow more freely through the valve when you pull the trigger giving you a lot more FPE/FPS at a cost of lower shot counts and louder report. It will not be backyard friendly anymore too if that matters to you. Record everything you do and shoot a lot of rounds over your crony to record the changes. I didn't keep good enough records of my changes I made to my Prod.
If you open up your barrel port be sure to debur it well, I didn't debur mine well enough and my accuracy suffered. So I had to go back and clean up my barrel port again.
Use a small enough grinding stone to get and clean it up very good. Load some pellet in it and push it through the barrel and check to see the pellet doesn't show damage.

Thanks for the advice! I ordered a .042x.03x1.5" spring and .110 transfer port earlier this week to start out with. I figure a spare TP is good to have anyway. I'm not too worried about noise as It'll get a custom Clauge air stripper or threaded to accept my rimfire supressor. :D
Invisible Hand

Previous

Return to Marauder Pistol